Time for the 7th installment and 6th volume of my Deep Jungle series which started back in 2007. So far the series has visited a lot of the smooth and atmospheric moments from 1994/1997 on labels such as Good Looking, Basement, Photek and more, mostly the more drum and bass styled productions after 1994s jungle explosion.
Volume 6 however goes back a bit further, this time the mix heads into darker, post-hardcore territory. Starting from 1993 we have early works from established producers such as Dillinja (under his Capone alias), Lemon D, Photek (as Origination and Code Of Practice), Fenturion (Adam F) and Dexxtrous (J Majik). Without meaning to, looking back at the tracklisting there is a lot of really well known producers here, under some very earlier pseudonymous. A personal favourite of mine is the Bay B Kane cut “Unfolding Perspective” which gets darker than night during the Diana Ross sampling breakdown.
Expect lots of resampled string sections and synths, muddy mixdowns, amens, sub bass and movie sample quotes.
01. Sleepwalker – Age Of Aquarius (No Surrender, No Retreat) (L.D. Remix) – Hardtimes Recordings
02. N.W.1. Treat Me Right – Camden Tunes
03. Code Of Practice – Can We Change The Future (Dubplate Mix) – Certificate 18
04. Capone – Side B-2 (Black Wax EP) – Target Recordings
05. Fenturion – Mothership – Force Ten Records
06. DJ Crystl – The Dark Crystl – Force Ten Records
07. After Dark – Reincarnation – Moving Shadow
08. Origination – Signal To Noise – Rudeboy Recordings
09. 4 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse – We Are The Future (Darren J Remix) – Tone Def
10. Dexxtrous – Aquarius – Infrared
11. Bay B Kane – Unfolding Perspective – Whitehouse Records
12. DJ SDR & Subsonic – Back To The Future Pt 2 – Shoebox Recordings
13. Atlas – Drifting Thru The Galaxy – Deejay
14. Dexxtrous & Sudden Def – My World – Infared
15. Internal Affairs – In My Soul – Reinforced